The type of the heating and cooling system you have determines whether you need to replace furnace and AC together. If you have a split system, you do not need to replace the AC and furnace together in certain circumstances. On the other hand, in a packaged system, the AC and furnace need to be replaced together if something goes wrong in the unit.
Here are some signs that you should replace your furnace and AC together.
- If the installation of the new system is complicated
- If your furnace is 15 years old
- If you want to upgrade to a high-efficiency air conditioner unit
- If you do not want to spend on monthly heating and AC repairs
How Much Does It Cost to Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner
The following factors can influence the average cost to replace furnace and AC:
- The HVAC contractor you choose
- The efficiency levels of the units
- The model and features of the units
- The size of the units
How Much Time Will It Take to Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner?
Several factors that influence the furnace installation and air conditioning installation time include:
- The location of the units being installed
- The size of your home
- The type of furnace and ac being installed
- The type of installation such as changeout vs. ductwork replacements
Advantages of Replacing Your Furnace and A/C Together
You can enjoy these benefits of installing a furnace and AC at the same time.
- When both are replaced together, efficiency is improved, and people can switch between the units without losing this efficiency.
- Your furnace and air conditioning system share the same blower, so having a matched system with an efficient blower will allow both systems to operate with the same efficiency.
- If you replace both together, it is enough to spend time once for choosing a unit, finding a contractor, and finishing the paperwork.
Save Money Replacing Heater, AC at the Same Time
You can save a great deal of money on installation if you replace both furnace and AC. If you install two units at the same time, you can schedule furnace maintenance and air conditioning tune-ups together. Also, you can save on your utility costs with improved efficiency.