Whenever you hear strange loud noises from your air conditioner, it's time to have it checked by an AC repair service. Different sounds coming from an AC indicate different issues. There are things you should remember to do when your AC starts making noise. One of your main concerns should be to use your AC efficiently so that you aren't paying for wasted energy.
Look for special rebates and offers such as a program managed by the EPA and Department of Energy that can provide you with significant savings. The government's Energy Star line of products include heating and air equipment. These products are designed to be eco-friendly and efficient while meeting strict guidelines.
Reasons Why ACs Make Loud Noise
An air conditioner making repeated clicking, bubbling & loud screeching noises should be cause for concern. It's important to let a residential air conditioner repair specialist inspect or deal with issues.
Here are some of the reasons why air conditioners make weird loud noises:
• Refrigerant leak with a hissing sound
• Electrical components generate buzzing noise
• Fan motor or compressor creates screeching noise
• Rattling, thumping, banging may be motor or blower issue
• Hearing clicks after turning on HVAC indicates contactor or relay defect
Hiring the Right AC Repair Service
When you work with an experienced and adequately insured residential air conditioner service provider, you can feel assured the job will be done according to best industry standards and practices while complying with local codes. You can start your search for an experienced AC repair service by:
- Ask for referrals from friends, neighbors, and relatives.
- Then narrow down your list by calling contractors to learn more about their services and personal credentials.
- Be prepared with a list of problems after checking every room in your home.
- Do research on your state's license and insurance requirements for HVAC contractors.
- Ask contractors for customers that you can call as references.
After selecting a contractor, they will need to conduct a home inspection and give you written, itemized estimates for the repair work.
Your most efficient AC repair service solution is the combination of a reputable HVAC contractor that installs Energy Star systems. Contact us for further details about how we can provide you with the best residential air conditioning services.